[Skip to content]

tab rollover pre-load tab rollover pre-load tab rollover pre-load tab rollover pre-load tab rollover pre-load tab rollover pre-load
Tuesday 15 June 2021
Salford About Header Montage
Latest News:
RSS icon

Useful Contacts

Hospital professionals that you may have contact with as an inpatient or an outpatient:


The Neurosurgeon will be responsible for your inpatient care and management. He or she will also carry out any surgical procedures that are carried out when you are acutely ill.


The Neuroradiologist is the consultant Doctor who will carry out radiological treatments such as coiling.


The Physiotherapist is involved in rehabilitation. He or she can help the person to gain mobility, confidence and independence as far as possible. The aim of physiotherapy is to promote independence as far as possible.


The Occupational Therapist (OT) may also be involved to gain independence as far as possible with household tasks and activities of daily living.


The Speech Therapist will assess language problems that may be encountered after a haemorrhage and offer a programme of therapy.


Your General Practitioner (GP) is your first point of medical contact once home. For example, if you need a sick note, a review of your medication or blood pressure monitoring, you should attend your GP surgery. Your GP should be your first point of contact for the prescription of drugs and the Specialist Nurse can help to advise you in your taking of these.


The Specialist Nurse can give you vital information about your illness and treatment, advice and reassurance that you will find helpful once you are home following your brain haemorrhage. She is your link to the team at the Specialist Neuroscience Centre. The Specialist Nurse may be able to assist you in managing symptoms that you experience in recovery and also advise on the issue of return to work.


The Neuropsychologist can help if you experience emotional distress such as symptoms of panic, depression or anxiety. If you have persistent problems with your day-to-day memory, attention or difficulty with the planning and organising yourself, again, it would be appropriate to see a Neuropsychologist in this instance.


The Social Worker can provide information and advice on benefits and services that are available in your local area. They can be contacted through your local Social Services Department or through the hospital where you were an inpatient.

The Welfare Rights Officer can give advice regarding benefits and services. Again, they can be found within the local hospital or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.


The Community Rehabilitation Team is a team of therapists in your local area that may continue working with you if necessary after you are discharged home from hospital.